REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department (PERN)
RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTING FIRM
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) hereby invites Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in the following assignment : “Provision of Training for trainers on Implementation of ISO 50001 standards on Energy Management System within energy intensive industries in Ethiopia” ;
- In Ethiopia, significant transmission and distribution bottlenecks limit the availability, reliability, and quality of power. Tariff reform is underway to close the cost-recovery gap for the utilities, with energy costs set to triple – a significant burden for large industrial consumers of electricity. Ethiopia is therefore actively exploring how demand-side management and energy efficiency can lower cost and improve economic growth by postponing grid investments, reducing total system costs, improving quality of service, and offsetting rising electricity prices for consumers ;
- The Ethiopian Energy Authority (EEA) is mandated to regulate EE at the national and sectoral levels and therefore has developed different EE programs to improve efficiency and reduce losses. Signing a voluntary agreement with energy intensive industries is one of the identified and prioritized EE programs that the EEA is implementing. One of the responsibilities of the industries, participating in voluntary agreement program, is to implement an ISO 50001-based Energy Management System (EnMS) in their facility. However, most of the industries have limited capacity to customize and implement the standard ;
- The EEA is planning to implement a capacity building program for industrial experts which enables them to implement the energy management system standard in their factory. To this end, a qualified body to carry out the training is required to ensure ISO 50001 training delivery. The EEA is seeking the service of experienced consultants/firms to support the establishment of an ISO 50001 capacity building unit (ITU) mainly through the delivery of Training of Trainer (ToT) sessions and development of training programs and materials. The overall purpose of the ITU is to build capacity for EnMS implementation to provide a systematic approach to achieving continual improvement of energy performance including EE, energy use and consumption in Ethiopian industrial sector ;
- The PERN invites Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing consulting services to support the EEA in the above-mentioned assignment which will consist of two key activities: (i) Activity 1: Develop a training program and associated materials; and (ii) Activity 2: Deliver the ToT training and conduct a certification exam for selected trainees. The assignment is expected to be carried out over a maximum period of 12 weeks, starting at the beginning of February 2022. All deliverables shall be prepared and submitted for review and approval within the said period ;
- Interested eligible Consulting Firms or consortium, shall limit their EOIs to 20 pages and provide information on :
- Details of the firm or consortium (including nationality of the firms and contact person) and including DACON registration number1 ;
- Strengths, expertise, approach and any information relevant for the assignment ;
- Experience in similar assignments ;
- CV of Key Staff members.
Any additional document /section deemed relevant.
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and selection procedure shall be in accordance with the AfDB: « Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations, October, 2015 » which is available on the Bank’s website at http:/www.afdb.org. Please note that interest expressed by a Consulting Firm does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include it in the shortlist ;
- Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 08:00 — 17.00 hours local time on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on Public Holidays ;
- EOIs must be submitted no later than December 8th, 2021 at 4 pm Abidjan time to: Jalel CHABCHOUB (email@example.com)/ Luc TOSSOU (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to Roland AMEHOU (email@example.com) and Antoine DIOGO (firstname.lastname@example.org) ;
- All submitting firms will receive a confirmation email the same day by COB. If you do not receive a confirmation email your EOI might not have been received, you are invited to contact the above persons ;
- Please note that this is a republication of the EOI. It is important to mention that the consulting firms which have already applied to the first request of EOI should re-submit an EOI if they want to be considered for this assignment.