Avis de recrutement d’un associé financier, N’Djaména, Tchad
Vacancy Notice :
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Finance Associate
Duty Station : N’Djamena, CHAD
Classification : General Service, G7/1
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixe Term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : August 13, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the RMO, and the direct supervision of the Finance Officer the successful candidate will be in charge of the following tasks. S/he will :
Core Functions / Responsibilities :
- Prepare and Lead monthly accounting closure (bank & cash) operations and submission of accounting returns to RAS for the Mission ;
- Ensure monthly review, monitoring and housekeeping of vendors/staffs accounts and suspense accounts ;
- Ensure correct projectization and distribution of TD10 cost center ;
- Ensure the maintenance and up to date of banking system, coordination and request (bank letters, adding/removing signatories, request of checkbooks) ;
- Prepare Mission Funding Requests to send to TSY Funding for processing ;
- Assist PMs, RMO and Finance Officer to the preparation of budget out and inside of PRIMA for the Mission ;
- Prepare financial reports to be sent to RAS/HQ until final endorsement with close working with project managers ;
- Provide support to RMO and Finance Officer in preparation of annual budgets, monitoring and budget revisions ;
- Address all queries raised in the Periodic Checklist Review (PCR) for the Mission, by RAS (bank/cash issues, vendors issues, open Pos, assets…) that need actions/clarifications are duly addressed on timely manner with respect of the deadline, and liaise with the other departments for any support needed ;
- Address all queries raised in the Project Balance Review (PBR) in respect of deadline ;
- Support to RMO and Finance Officer for Audit response and documentations process ;
- Support to RMO and Finance Officer for accounting and financial queries if needed ;
- Contribute and Maintenance of internal controls and ensure compliance with IOM procedures ;
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries monitors and checks the work of the finance assistants and ensure by spot checking that all TD10 transactions are documented in the E-Filing ;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience :
- Secondary school diploma from an accredited educational institution and 7 years of relevant experience, or
- University degree in Accounting and Finance, administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 5 years of relevant professional experience ;
- Experience in Managing staff ;
- Sound knowledge of finance and administrative management and effective resource management skills ;
- Knowledge of IOM or UN accounting systems, software, and procedures ;
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office, word, excel and outlook) in particular experience in computerized accounting system including SAP.
Languages : Fluency in French; English is required, Local languages are advantageous.
Required Competencies :
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies :
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible ;
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct ;
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
CORE COMPETENCIES :
- Teamwork : Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results ;
- Delivering results : Produces and delivers quality results in a service oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes ;
- Managing and sharing knowledge : Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate ;
- Accountability : Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work ;
- Communication : Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES :
- Leadership : Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential ;
- Empowering others & building trust : Creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking & vision : Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply :
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to email@example.com referring to this advertisement in the subject : “VN-TD-0024-2021”. Application must contain a CV and a cover letter in a unique file.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Posting period : 30.07.2021 to 13.08.2021.