Avis de recrutement d’un spécialiste de la sécurité des personnes
Job no : 505491
Work type : Full Time, Max Term
Location : Brisbane
Categories : Other Safety & Security, Workplace, Health & Safety
People Safety Specialist :
- Gain experience within a multi discipline portfolio ;
- Fixed term contract – 12 months.
The Role :
The People Safety Specialist you will join the Safety Systems and Operational Support team, supporting in all initiatives and functions associated with our people’s safety, workers compensation and wellbeing.
The purpose of the role is to oversee the Virgin Australia Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Management System and ensure best practise prevention is being applied, safety outcomes are achieved, and effective processes are in place to ensure legislative compliance.
You will work closely with the Leader, People Safety :
As a People Safety Specialist, you will be responsible for :
- Using specialised practical procedures, knowledge, techniques, and learned skills to manage the safety assurance scheduled and special purpose audit program including 45001 and Comcare legislative requirements for WHS ;
- Oversight of WHS compliance and auditing, providing specialist advice on the development and implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions for audit findings and gaps as well as the overall continuous development of the WHS Management System ;
- Demonstrated compliance with the Corporate Risk document suite ;
- Mentoring operational leaders to ensure consistent approach across all divisions and locations ;
- Provide analysis, reporting and insights to support effective decision making and compliance outcomes ;
- Provision of reports and documentation for internal and external reporting requirements for Safety Risk Review Committee Meetings ;
- Produce in-depth reports from external audits, detailing identified gaps, potential implications and corrective action plans for Group ;
- Manage the ongoing development of the People Safety Management System ;
- Contractor Management – Audit and review contractual agreements, Safety management Systems, processes and procedures for safety compliance of contractors ;
- Maintain oversight of injury and Incident Reporting ensuing accuracy ;
- Manage and support special projects as directed by the Leader, People Safety.
What you need to be successful :
- Tertiary Qualification in OH&S or a related discipline ;
- Demonstrated experience in Workplace Health and Safety ;
- Strong understanding of WHS policy and regulations ;
- Previous experience in data analysis and reporting ;
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others ;
- Extensive experience in development of WHS management systems ;
- In-depth knowledge of WHS standards and management systems ;
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders ;
- Proficient in MS office suite of programmes and advance user of Excel and Power Bi ;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About Virgin Australia Group :
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Since November last year, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia
What you’ll get from us :
- Great fares – domestic and international travel benefits for you, your family and your friends ;
- Industry discounts – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it ;
- Health and wellbeing – access to discounted fitness programs ;
- Corporate health insurance – multiple offers across multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle ;
- Diverse career paths and career development.
Next Steps : For further information about the People Safety Specialist role, please refer to the position description.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Virgin Australia Safety Team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!
Application close : 08 Nov 2021 E. Australia Standard Time.