Avis de recrutement d’un spécialiste de l’assurance de la sécurité aérienne
Job no : 505552
Work type : Full Time
Location : Brisbane
Categories : Other Safety & Security, Workplace, Health & Safety
Aviation Safety Assurance Specialist :
- Newley created position within a centralised Investigations team ;
- Gain experience within a multi discipline portfolio ;
- Flexible working options.
About Virgin Australia Group :
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
The Role :
The Safety Assurance Specialist will join the Safety Investigations and Audit team, performing high value operational safety investigations and audits to ensure the business comply with regulatory requirements.
The position is based in Brisbane Head Office and, you will work closely with the Leader Safety Assurance.
As a Safety Assurance Specialist you will be responsible for :
- Leading and conduct safety investigations and audits for internal and external stakeholders in accordance with the Virgin Australia SMS requirements ;
- Support the Aviation Safety Advisors with the technical assessment for triaging and event reviews ;
- Complete safety reviews as required ;
- Maintain accurate records and update the safety database (Intelex) as necessary ;
- Provide input to further develop assurance processes, procedures and work instructions ;
- Identify potential and actual risk to operations and work collaboratively with stakeholders to maintain risk to as low as reasonably practicable.
What you need to be successful :
- Formal qualifications or equivalent experience in safety management systems, risk management and investigations ;
- Good knowledge of the ATSB Transport Safety Investigation Act 2003 ;
- Previous experience using a quality management application and/or familiarity with safety reporting systems ;
- Exceptional written skills capable of producing safety investigation and audit reports ;
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders ;
- Proficient in MS office suite of programmes and advance user of Excel ;
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally when applicable.
Next Steps : For further information about the Aviation Safety Assurance Specialist role, please refer to the position description.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Virgin Australia Safety Team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!
Application close : 19 Nov 2021 E. Australia Standard Time.