L’IRC recrute un gestionnaire de sécurité et de sécurité, Addis Ababa, Ethiopie
Requête nº : req22555
Intitulé de poste : Safety and Security Manager
Secteur d’activité : Sûreté et sécurité
Type de contrat : Régulier
Taux d’occupation : Plein temps
Ouvert aux expatriés : Non
Lieu de travail : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Descriptif du poste :
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Job description :
Under the direct supervision of the Safety and Security Coordinator (SSC), the Safety and Security Manager (SSM) is responsible for facilitating the safety and security of IRC personnel and assets and will be responsible for monitoring the security situation of the entire territory.
Network & Access :
- Establish and maintain contact with various actors (local authorities, NGOs, UN agencies, security forces, etc…) ;
- Work with program teams to build network and acceptance in local communities ;
- Advise the leadership on the possibilities of access to the different zones ;
- Develop ongoing relationships with community leaders and other power brokers within the IRC operational areas. Work to ensure that IRC, its mission, and work within the IRC operational areas are known and accepted. Work to encourage stakeholders to work with the IRC in ensuring that staff and programs are safe and allowed to continue humanitarian activities.
Planning and Documentation :
- Organize and produce risk analyses (SRA) in a participatory and regular manner as needed ;
- Participate in the development of Security Plans (SMP) including appropriate procedures and contingency plans ;
- Ensure that all documents are up to date and operational ;
- Evaluate and maintain contingency plans adapted to the local context, in particular for evacuation, hibernation and travel.
Information and Analysis :
- Identify and report all the security information and events, especially those could have an impact on IRC operations ;
- Work closely with all staff to ensure that safety and security incidents are reported in accordance with IRC standards ;
- Provide and share daily situation report (DSR) and weekly security updates.
Trainings and Briefings :
- Provide an on-arrival security briefing to all the visitors and new staff ;
- Identified staff training needs ;
- Provide ongoing training for drivers and guards, as well as for other staff as necessary.
Building safety :
- Ensure the monitoring and replacement of safety equipment in IRC buildings (fire extinguishers, etc.) ;
- Ensure the renewal of emergency stocks in IRC offices and guest houses ;
- Ensure that each IRC office and guest house has an evacuation plan in case of fire ;
- Conduct regular security & safety assessments of offices, satellite offices, camps, warehouse to identify any vulnerabilities and give appropriate recommendations ;
- Ensure having security guards in all IRC facilities with supervision and planning.
Monitoring, Analysis and Incident Management :
- The SSM will provide support in the event of a safety or security incident affecting an IRC staff member ;
- The SSM may work on any other task requested by his/her supervisor, including support to the program or support services teams ;
- Compile and submit daily security reporting that track incidents and trends within the IRC’s area of operation. Submit contextual updates as needed ;
- Security Training and Orientation of Staff and Visitors ;
- With the support of the SSC provide Safety & Security trainings to IRC staff, based on the findings of the Security Risk Assessment ;
- Maintain, review and update the On-Arrival Safety & Security briefings in the IRC operational areas ;
- Maintain, a tracker of briefed Staff and visitors on Orientations, and Trainings.
- Security training or experience in the field ;
- At least 2 years experiences in the security field ;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and computer tools used by IRC ;
- Good knowledge of the environment and humanitarian principles ;
- Highly organized ;
- Ability to work independently ;
- Flexibility to work in different locations. Frequent travel ;
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and Amharic – Other local languages will be a plus ;
- Previous experience working in Oromia, Gambella, Assosa and/or Somali regions will be an advantage.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards : The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality : IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer : IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.